Thursday, November 05, 2009

Feeling rich

With this week's Gospel reading about the widow's mite (I grew up with the KJV, so sue me!), it got some of the members of a liturgy email list I'm on asking questions about good illustrations about money or giving to use in this week's children's talk in their churches.

The discussion then led to poverty, and the idea of how privileged we in the west really are. One member of the list shared a link to a website called the Global Rich List, where you enter your annual wage, and it tells you where you stand in the world's economy.

Now I know lots of people seem to think that a ministry stipend is not the most glamorous income in the world, but when I entered the figures (converted from AUD to USD), the Global Rich List told me that I come in the richest 2% in the world.

Makes you think really, doesn't it?



I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 129,565,218 richest person on earth!



How rich are you? >>

1 comment:

Helen in Australia (via Oxford) said...

That's pretty scary stuff. I've known this in a general sense for a while, but finding out personally makes it hit home.