Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stats and stuff

Since I've been here in New Norcia, and blogging a little more regularly than usual ("but can she keep it up when she gets home?" I hear you ask... your guess is as good as mine! :-) I have discovered that Blogger does page stats... So I can find out how many people have viewed each post  in the past week, month, day, or 'right now'... what internet browsers have been used, and the countries where my 'audience' is accessing from.

Now, even though I keep checking the 'do not track my own page views' box, it somehow seems to keep unchecking, so that some of the page views I see are probably my own, when I go back and forth to edit little bits (because you know how it is... always find the typos AFTER I've published it... D'oh!)

But when I posted the last epistle from New Norcia, I checked my page stats 'right now' and found it had already had 6 page views... and at least half of them were definitely NOT by me, as they were from different browsers (a couple from mobile Safari, one from Internet Explorer, and a few from Firefox- some of which could have been me)

So this got me thinking that there must actually be people out there reading the drivel I write here. I know who some of you are, because you write comments here on teh blog, or on Facebook, where I am in the habit of linking my blog posts now... but there must be still quite a few of you who read this stuff and just lurk in the background without saying anything.

So, out of curiosity... please feel free to say hello and let me know who you are... (and is there REALLY someone from the Ukraine reading my blog? Really? Please say hello! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rev Aunty Caro,
I think you know who I am, but just thought I'd say 'hello' anyway!
Love
Sophia (helped by mummy who is old enough to type.) x

Caro said...

Thankyou Sophia,
How precocious of you to be reading my blog at 1 year old... I think I probably should pay a bit more attention to the language I use, to ensure it is Sophia friendly and not going to lead you astray :-)
(because that's your Mum and Dad's job :-)

Bob Faser said...

Hi Caro, Yes I've been reading your blogs as well. I haven't commented, but as you want to know who's reading this, here I am. Bob Faser.

infoaddict said...

I read your blog through RSS feeds, so it may not necessarily show up - I don't know how they do. But I click on the real page if/when I add comments. :)

You've made some very handy ones lately for me to direct friends to who are also musing on love from a religious point of view. I don't pretend to comprehend, but I'm glad I know people who can fill that gap :)

- Fiona.