Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2 sleeps and counting



Not that I'm excited about heading to Tassie or anything... but... :-)
Today I farewelled the last of my house guests (who were so good that they even cleaned my house for me whilst I cooked dinner for another friend who was coming that night- although they did get to enjoy the leftovers of the dessert, which I think they enjoyed :-)

So now, it's just me and my car, and the empty suitcase/s, boxes etc that I have to pack for my 8 weeks away. Hard to know where to start really, because 8 weeks seems like such a long time, and it's terribly tempting to want to pack up everything I own and take it all with me (although, gone are the days when all of my worldly possessions could fit into my car as they did when I first moved from Sydney to Hobart 19 years ago).

And of course, I think I'll have to give the car a good clean, not just to make a good impression when I arrive, but because with all the foliage that has been dropped on it by the trees here, a fair bit of wattle flower buds and leafy things have found their way into the crevices around the opening of the hatch, (which I'm sure the Tasmanian Quarantine folk will have conniptions about if it's still there when I try to get onto the boat).

Hmm... I think I might go and make a cup of coffee and start making a few lists of things I need to take with me (Note to self: must remember to pack the coffee and stove top espresso machine, and Caro sized coffee mug!)

No comments: