Sunday, December 31, 2006

another year clicks over

Today is my birthday.

This year I celebrate my "Meaning of Life Birthday" ... and if you don't know what that means, I suggest you read The Hitch-hikers' Guide to the Galaxy, and look out for numbers of significance. (and Man of Steel, if you are reading this, and scratching your head wondering what on earth I'm talking about, I will lend you the book/s when I get home, as this is part of your popular culture awareness training that cannot be overlooked!)

This is only the second time in my life that I haven't been in Sydney (or Hobart) with my parents on my birthday, which feels a bit strange, but not all that bad. The folk here in Launceston have been very warm, and I have been invited to a gathering this evening to celebrate the new year and my birthday, so that should be fun.

I used to think that people in their 40s were old... but now that I'm there myself, I don't feel at all old, in fact I feel like I'm only 30-odd (and probably act it too- or at least the "odd" bit! :-) It's interesting how your perspective can change over time.

2 comments:

BB said...

Well, happy Birthday (or Meaning of Life Day) Comrade Caro!

Hope it was a good 'un!

BB

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Bon Anniversaire! Now that you're meaning-of-life old, do you know the meaning of life in something other than numerical form? And thank you for the postcard from one of Australia's oldest cities.