Monday, July 16, 2007

East meets west


I've been a bit quiet in the past week or two, as I am currently in the Wild West - Perth! I spent last week with a group from the UFT at the Benedictine Monastery at New Norcia- what an amazing experience! But I will write more about it later (when I am home and not using a laptop with slow dialup connection).

Tonight, myself and Susan (another candidate from the Vic-Tas synod) had dinner with a group of ministry candidates from the WA Synod. It was great to meet up with Ivan, Cathy, Elaine and Toby, and to share some stories about what life is like for ministerial candidates in our respective synods. We compared notes about various aspects of our training courses, and various experiences of theological college, field ed placements and general life. (and now you can see the evidence of the visit, in the pic above- including Maggie, the four-legged fiend :-)

In recent times I have been a bit inspired to find a way to create networks among candidates in all states, and I think this was a good first step. Hopefully we will be able to have similar get-togethers (both in body, and virtually, via email) with candidates in other places as time progresses.


No comments: