Sunday, October 07, 2007

What have I let myself in for?

On Friday, at the Annual General Meeting of the Uniting Church Candidates' Association (UCCA- don't you just love that acronym?), I was elected as President of UCCA for the next year.

I feel honoured that my fellow candidates have entrusted me with this role, and I hope that I will fulfil it well and diligently.

Although, I have to say that with my current level of busyness and stress over assignment deadlines (a number of which have already gone whooshing past!) and other commitments, I'm finding it a bit hard to get excited about it just yet.

Maybe after exams are over and assignments are all in :-)

3 comments:

BB said...

Hey, does that mean you get to wear a snazzy uniform, and we have to salute you as we do a march-past and call you "El Presidente?"

Caro said...

hmm... I hadn't thought about it really, but now that you mention it... :-)

(and you know what Skyhooks had to say about Women in Uniform!)

BB said...

no, I don't...you must be older than me ;0)

maybe we should stick to a nice purple bishop's robe...give the UCA a hint!