Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Good intentions

They say the road to Hell is paved with them, and I'm beginning to see why...

When I made my lightning trip home to Melbourne just over a week ago, I returned with my laptop and a suitcase full of theology books, class notes and good intentions to write lots of essays in between dealing with the stuff of settling Dad's estate here in Sydney.

Well, it's now 3 days till my return to Melbourne, and I have to confess that I haven't done anywhere near as much work as I had planned. Most of the books have remained in their piles on the dining room table, unopened; and I think I've written a couple of hundred words towards one essay, but nothing more.

sigh

The last couple of days have felt like a second wave of grief rolling over me - just when I thought things were starting to get back to resembling 'normal' and the main tasks of getting things organised for Mum are done, I have been hit by new waves of sleeplessness, tears and general agitation (but no desire or ability to settle and read or write serious theology).

I hope I get my brain back soon...

No comments: