Monday, September 18, 2006

The Tassie invasion!

It seems there are quite a few Taswegians making the trip across Bass Strait to visit The Colonies in the next little while.

First, there was my friend Mike, who stayed with me for a few days a fortnight ago. Next weekend, I will be hosting Wendy, another friend (this time from Hobart) who is coming over for the annual meeting of the Synod of Victoria & Tasmania. There will also be a host of other Taswegians around for that meeting too.

Then in the following week, a couple from my church in Hobart (Will and Rosemary) will be in Melb for a few days, en route home from Canberra where they will be visiting their daughter, son-in-law and celebrating the first birthday of a grandchild. After that, another friend (Jenny) will be doing some retail therapy in Melb, on the way home from a conference in Sydney. (these will be catch ups over coffee/meal, as these friends won't be staying at Chez Caro)

Then in November, my good friend Anita will be coming to stay with me for a few days, which will be fun. All of my study commitments, exams, assignments etc will be done for the year by then, so we will be able to have some girly fun together, before I head to Tassie myself for my 8 week summer field education placement.

I think there might even be another visit from Mike (maybe even with his wife Fran this time) before the end of the year, so that would be nice.

I am so grateful for the lovely unit where I live- so convenient and close to College, and the city, and big enough that I can have visitors come and stay, and offer hospitality in that way. I'm loving it! :-)

No comments: