Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Classes have started

Yes folks, it's that time of year again. Whilst Melbourne Uni students are wreaking havoc around town with various O Week shenanigans, we serious students of the UFT are already hard at work this week, beavering away in lectures and the like. (and to prove how terribly serious I am taking this, my final year, I even went to the library, and borrowed a swag of books today... my first day back! I feel like such a scholar ;-)

This semester, I have a cavalcade of Biblical Studies, with a supervised reading unit on Romans (to finish off the unit from last semester), the Gospel of John, and an OT unit on Suffering and the book of Job.

To be perfectly honest, the reason I enrolled in the latter unit was that I have to do two OT units this year, (one of which will be Genesis in 2nd semester) and Job was the only other option at level 2/3 offered by the UFT this year (there was a Psalms presessional, but it clashed with the last week of my summer CPE unit).

It has been noted, that after the death of my father late last year, followed by caring for dying patients and their families during the summer in my CPE unit, studying the book of Job this semester could be seen as a tad masochistic on my part...

"hmm... let me see... how can I really rub my nose in more suffering, because I haven't experienced nearly enough in the past few months"

With this in mind, I suspect it may be helpful for me to hide sharp objects until after I finish the unit :-)

No comments: