Thursday, February 21, 2008

Well, call me gobsmacked

Today I received my confirmation of enrolment for 2008 from the UFT, which also included my final result from the one unit from second semester last year that I actually completed (I withdrew from the other three units, and have enrolled in supervised reading units this semester to cover two of those topics. The third I just let go, as I didn't need it for my ordination requirements.)

For the one unit I completed, after submitting what I considered to be a very rushed, "quick and dirty" final essay (worth 50% of the unit mark), I ended up with an overall Distinction (78%) for the unit. I know I received very good marks for the other two pieces of work I submitted earlier in the semester, but was expecting a fairly ordinary mark for this essay (as I really didn't think it was particularly insightful or deep), and thought at best, I might get an overall Credit, but it seems I did better than anticipated...

Wow... I am gobsmacked (but kind of pleased, too :-)

1 comment:

BB said...

woo-hoo! now that's gotta motivate you for the year ahead! :0)