Sunday, September 23, 2012

Twinkle toes

A little while ago, I wrote a post about the nightly foot massage ritual I have established with Mum.

I noticed a few weeks ago, that when I finish massaging the cream into Mum's feet, before I put her socks on, she tends to wiggle her toes, rubbing them together. When I asked her about this, she said it was a last attempt to make sure that her toes weren't too slippery from the cream before the socks went on. I teased her gently and called her 'Twinkle Toes', and she laughed.

Ever since then, every time I massage Mum's feet, when I finish each foot, before putting the sock on, I say, "come on, Twinkle Toes," and she wiggles and twitches her toes accordingly, and grins like a little girl.

Seeing that look on her face, and the shared joke that elicits that grin, makes my heart melt. I'm so thankful for these precious times we are able to share.


No comments: