Monday, August 14, 2006

Conflict resolution

Today the Theological College organised a conflict resolution and mediation worshop for candidates and faculty, after a request for assistance from some past candidates for some training or assistance in dealing with difficult people and situations that they have encountered in the big bad world of 'real life parish ministry'.

The workshop was quite helpful, offering some processes for getting to the bottom of conflicts and finding ways to resolution (surprisingly enough).

When I got home, there was an email from my friend Simon (who is a fellow junk TV tragic), with a link to a site containing a collection of Star Trek Inspirational Posters. He said he is planning to put some of them up around his office. He is truly a sick puppy (which is why I think I like him so much :-).

Hmm.. I tried to post a pic of one in particular that caught my attention as being relevant (in a perverse kind of way), but the blog won't let me post it for some bizarre reason... so, go here to see the whole collection of posters, and the one to specially look at is called Diplomacy on the third page.
(grrr... gee I hate technology sometimes!)



1 comment:

BB said...

Caro:

They obviously got this idea from despair.com...check my blog for the link, it's hilarious!

The mediation sounds interesting...maybe they should have got Yours Truly in to talk about mediation in the union movement! ;0)

BB