Saturday, August 05, 2006

*sigh* looxury!

After a week with far too many late nights (no attempt to seek sympathy here, as these were mostly self-inflicted, and could have been avoided), I have a sense that this weekend will be a nice little relaxing oasis.

Although I was thinking about getting up early today and toddling down to the Vic Markets to take in some latte there, and do some nice produce shopping... when my alarm went off this morning, I simply rolled over and went back to sleep. It wasn't a deep sleep, however, but rather that delicious mix of half-awake-half-asleep-ness, broken by periods of wide-awakeness where my mind drifted to consider, relive (and in most cases, celebrate) the various things that had happened during the week, and in particular the people with whom I have interacted, and the web of relationships that surround me.

One of the Ignatian prayer exercises that my spiritual director has given me to use involves a similar process to this... of looking back over the past day, and looking for the "God moments", where I have been conscious of the presence or touch of God (sometimes I don't realise it at the time, but only when I reflect back on the day afterwards).

One of the things that this morning's looxurious time of snoozy reflection emphasised to me is the specialness of the wide variety of people God has brought into my life. I am relishing the opportunity to develop new relationships with a number of people from the theological college community, and discovering the precious riches below the surface in these people (and just generally enjoying hanging out with them). And at the same time, I am thankful for the many other people who have shared various parts of my journey over the years (a couple of them for around 20 years or more!), and I feel very blessed.

Well enough reflection and snoozing... time to have brunch- alas not at Vic Markets today, but the local shopping centre has a nice food court, which will be great to sit and do some relaxing reading for class :-)

1 comment:

BB said...

Caro,

I can very much relate to this, as my first year of theological studies has introduced me to how much I don't know (which is frankly very exciting) as well as the different perspectives of so many amazing people. Much the journey just that so much richer!

BB