Monday, August 21, 2006

... of Boxes and Black Holes

Today, in a fit of, well something, I decided to attack the last few boxes in my study yet to be unpacked since my move to Brunswick from Kew.

I actually had a couple of ulterior motives:

1. Some friends who are about to move to Canberra are calling in tonight, and I promised to give them some of my empty boxes. I also have another friend moving to the UK in a few weeks, and in a stroke of sheer genius also offered him some boxes, which he is coming to collect on Wednesday.

so hopefully soon my home will be a completely BOX-FREE ZONE! Yay!

2. I ran out of staples in my larger stapler the other day, and was sure I had a box of large staples from which to refill it, but couldn't find these in my desk drawer... hmmm... maybe they are in a box still to be unpacked?

3. In a similar vein, recently I was seeking my larger capacity USB drive (which just happens to contain a backup of my computer's entire hard drive- as opposed to the smaller capacity USB drive that I have on my keyring, which only contains the backup of my uni work), so that I could update the back-up and have a general sense of security in knowing where it is. (Yes, I know... call me a Geek Grrrl, but I do like to back things up!) I know when I packed up to move, I put it in a SAFE PLACE where I would be sure to find it later... Hah!

Well, after unpacking all of the boxes upstairs (I think there is still one box downstairs that needs a little attention) I have not been able to find the staples or the USB drive (the staples, I don't mind so much, as I do have a smaller stapler, and Millions of staples that fit that... and anyway, any excuse for a trip to Officeworks! :-), but the USB drive is a different matter altogether.

I can see that I will need to very carefully retrace my steps and repeat previous searches... even more thoroughly this time... Oh well, at least the unpacking and searching did unearth my church offering envelopes which I hadn't been able to find since moving...

No comments: