Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm an aunty! (well, kind of)

What a way to start the day!

When I woke up this morning, there was a text message on my phone from Craig (a dear friend from my early days in Hobart, who now lives in Poatina, and shall henceforth be known as "Grampa") to say that his daughter Amy delivered her first child last night at 10:50pm (this is also Craig and Janet's first grandchild, although number 2, courtesy of Matt and Nat, is due to arrive in Dec).

Baby Ezra came into the world after a hard 18hr labour, and is apparently a big boy (although Grampa was not forthcoming with any further detail about weight, length, head circumference etc- what is it with men who don't realise that such statistics are of VITAL IMPORTANCE!!!??? :-) He did say that all parties are well and happy, though :-)

When I first moved to Hobart I lived in community with the family, and at that time Amy was a gorgeous little 4-year-old … she is still gorgeous, but no longer 4 (funnily enough). I was privileged to help lead her and Troy's wedding service earlier this year… and now I will have to wait until I get to Tas in December before I can get clucky over young Ezra in person.

Praise God for the gift of this new life! :-)


Postscript: I received a text message from Amy herself on Friday, with more detail- Baby Ezra (middle name yet to be confirmed) weighed in at a hefty 9lb 5oz. (Ouchie! Just thinking about it makes me want to cross my legs!)
Congratulations Amy and Troy (and well done Amy! :-)

No comments: