Sunday, January 28, 2007

Celebration!

On Australia Day (26th Jan, 2007) my parents celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary. That's 50 years of wedded bliss (or, as my father would say, "you get less time than that for murder!"... and in fact he has been saying that ever since their 20th anniversary! :-)

I arrived in Sydney the day before this auspicious occasion, and to celebrate the day, we went out for dinner to the Noble Terrace Chinese Restaurant, which is the local place where we always go to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other such occasion. Joining us for the evening were Kay and John (next door neighbours for over 40 years, and my Godparents) and Doug and Doreen (other long term friends who always join us for these celebrations).
The picture above shows us all at the restaurant (with Mum and Dad in the middle, next to me)... a good time was had by all.
But the celebrations didn't end there. The next day, we were expecting my father's cousin and her husband for afternoon tea... but it seems that she had conspired with various elements of the family to organise a surprise lunch... Mum and I had been out to the supermarket, and when we got home, the house was full of various cousins, and my parents were both delightfully surprised.

Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look all lardy dar caro! So gonna get to see you now your in sydney.

Caro said...

Of course, Josh! Ring me and let me know when you're free... after all, I am on holidays, and you are a working boy!