Friday, March 23, 2007

I should be packing... but...

I'm too excited... well, kind of.

Tomorrow evening I will be heaving on a jetplane (so to speak) on my way "home" to Hobart for a few days. The Tasmanian Presbytery is holding a "women in ministry" retreat from Mon-Wed, and since they generously provided me with financial support to attend, how could I resist the opportunity to head south a little early and take advantage of the opportunity to spend some more time in God's own country.

I will have the opportunity to worship on Sunday morning in my home congregation of Sandy Bay, and then attend the Annual General Meeting of the Friends of the TSO (one of my friends boggled when I told him I was excited about attending this meeting, and even after I explained that the event would be about 20mins meeting, half an hour music and up to an hour of drinking and eating, he was still not quite convinced of my sanity). But I have a bit of a soft spot for FOTSO, having been a member of its committee for a number of years, and even though I now live in Melbourne, I chose to become a life member, so that I will always be able to maintain some kind of link. (so I really was excited to discover that the FOTSO AGM coincided with my visit to the island!)

Another thing that coincides with my visit to Tassie, is the biannual Ten Days on the Island festival. So, on Sunday night, I will be attending a play that is on as part of the festival.

Oh well, enough excitement... I need to pack my bag, and try to get some sleep (although it's all hot again! Damn Melbun weather!) before my day of classes tomorrow.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean "Malbun" weather! hehehe