Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Sunday afternoon...

It's a hot, Sydney, almost-summer Sunday afternoon (the thermometer reads 36C on the back deck). I have been to church this morning, and joyfully celebrated the reign of Christ, the climax of the liturgical year, and am now relaxing at home with my feet up, and the aircon on.

Will probably think of organising some lunch soon; for me, some sweet and sour pork and fried rice, left over from a takeaway treat, and for Mum (once I wake her up), some rice custard, brought by cousins who visited yesterday.

Mum has had a relatively good morning (and not only because I left her alone for a couple of hours when I went to church). She woke up with severe back pain (a daily thing now), but the new pain relief medicine gave her some relief after only 10 minutes, and after an hour, she said she suddenly realised she was pain free (which is much better than the other medication that takes 2 hours to kick in fully).

So, with all this, I'm on a bit of a high... feeling good about life in general; glad that, finally, something we have tried to help better manage Mum's breakthrough pain has actually worked; and am looking forward to a bit of snoozage later in the day. 

But before snoozage, I think I might go to the gym... something I haven't been able to do for over a week, due to my knees being a bit painful... and actually I'm quite looking forward to it... what a strange thought!

It must be a good day! Thanks be to God.

No comments: