Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Things that make you go ... (2) "OUCH!"

WARNING: The following blog entry contains references to pain, violence and female body parts which some (especially male) readers may find disturbing, offensive or just downright bewildering.

It has been a long time since I last had a full leg wax.


Today I remembered why that is so (and also that the last time I inflicted this torture masquerading as a 'beauty treatment' on myself, it was because I had just missed out on getting a job I applied for, and was wanting to feel pain in an immediate and physical way).

Because the weather has been rather warm (see my earlier post on temperature issues) I have found myself wearing shorts on a fairly regular basis, and have also found that my usual (although grossly overdue) "half leg wax" (ie from the knees down) doesn't help much when one is wearing shorts... I seem to be 'blessed' with very hairy thighs, which become very noticeable when sporting shorts. So today to mark the first week of the academic year, I decided to do something about this.

And now, after enduring 45 minutes of feeling every hair ripped violently from its bed in the various parts of my legs (and for what it's worth, the most painful region was from the back of the knees, ripping up the back of the thigh.. followed closely by the bikini line) I can confirm without any doubt that I am definitely not cut out to be an ascete.

Yes, I know: "too much information!" Just deal with it.

No comments: