Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Things that make you go ... (1) "URGGGHHHH!!!!"

This morning, whilst lying abed, I was rudely awakened from my slumbers by the sensation of something crawling across the back of my left hand. My instant, unthinking reflex was to sit bolt upright in bed and brush the offending thing off my hand.

By this time I had gained some semblance of cognitive consciousness, and noticed a dark shadow on my pillow; presumably the offending object. Upon turning on the light, I was alarmed to note that it was a nasty, big, brown cockroach... and (again, another unthinking reflex response) grabbed a tissue, and dispatched the creature to the great cockroach haven in the sky, depositing its earthly remains in my bedside bin.

The mind boggles to even contemplate where else the little vermin might have crawled before rousing me from sleep.....

URRGGHHHHH!!!! Have I mentioned before how much I hate these creepy crawly mainland vermin?

PS- since my return from placement and holidays, the tally is: Caro 8: cockroaches 0
(gotta love the effect of a good spray of Baygon around the kitchen floor!)

No comments: