Saturday, September 15, 2007

What an exciting week!

This week I am surrounded by a number of friends and colleagues who are experiencing significant points in their own ministry calling and directions.

Firstly,
after participating in the Synod Selection Conference last weekend, some friends have just received news of their acceptance as candidates for ordained ministry, to commence next year. Whilst the news from the panel wasn't good for all of them (as not all the applicants were accepted), there is the opportunity to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn, and trust that the future directions will become clear.

Secondly, a group of 6 final year candidates met yesterday with the Synod Placements committee, as part of the process of matching them with their Internship placements to commence next year. So an exciting time for them as they are looking at their next step after leaving the Theological College at the end of this year.

In the midst of all this flurry of excitement, emotion and change for others around me, it's kind of nice to be just tootling along with my own study, knowing that most of next year will bring 'more of the same' for me in terms of the focus of my life- just keeping my head down and beavering away on the various subjects I'll be doing.

No comments: