Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ahhhh... bliss!

I'm sure there must be a special place in heaven for massage therapists and others who minister to sore bodies.

My back has been rather sore for the past few weeks; possibly due to a combination of the stress of study load, the fact that I spend lots of time slumped over a computer (in a rather non-ergonomic position- in fact, it just occurred to me that my monitor is too low, so I should stick a box under it or something so I'm not looking down all the time) and I'm not getting any exercise at the moment, so my muscles have all gone to seed and tend to scream in agony if even the slightest demands are made on them.

So, the other day, I decided to take a break from reading and writing, and ventured forth to my local, Barkly Square (or "Sparkly Bear" as it is known to a certain professor of New Testament), to do some restocking of my fridge, and generally just get out of the flat.

Whilst I was there, it just so happened that I found myself in the Chinese massage place, begging them to do something with my back... so about an hour and $30 later, I emerged, feeling sore as ... well... as a very sore thing (because the woman who massaged me did indeed find every single knot and point of tension, and gave them all a damned hard going over). However, I did (and still do) feel much less tense, and a lot
looser in all my back muscles (yes, ok... call me a "Loose Woman" why don't you? :-)

I think it has also helped me sleep better, and my back hasn't been as sore when I wake up in the mornings these past few days.

No comments: