Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Having a scrap!

When I was on placement in Launceston, Lilydale and Queenstown during summer, I took lots of photos. I was also introduced to the art of scrap-booking, and bought an album and various bits and pieces at a Creative Memories party that was held at the house where I was staying (at times it seemed my whole placement was about partyplan... but that's another story!)

Today (yes folks, it only took 7 months!) I got together with a couple of friends (one of whom has been an avid scrap-booker for a number of years); each of us had photos we wanted to put into albums, and so we set to work scrapping. It was a very pleasant day (with mandatory breaks for coffee and lunch) and the time flew by (we started at 9am, and it was 3pm when I left).

At the end of the day's scrapping, I had made a good start on a pictorial record of my field ed placement, which I hope to be able to finish off sometime soon (but will probably need to get more pages for my album to fit in all the pictures, and complete the album properly).

I suspect this won't be the last album I do in this way.. it was fun, (and I have a whole box of stray photos in my study cupboard, so it might be good to get some of them into albums too).

2 comments:

Slender Octopus said...

So do we get to see the page? Hmmmm?
Please....:)

Caro said...

Well, there's more than just one page... I have a mini album (7"x7" or thereabouts) with 15 double sided pages... and managed to complete about a quarter of them on the day... with more to follow on Fri night when I go to a bigger crop with aforementioned scrap-booking friend.

(Did I mention that I think I'm hooked?)

When I get around to it, I will try to scan a couple of the more interesting pages and upload them :-)