Saturday, July 14, 2012

What a difference a day makes

It's so hard to believe that today followed yesterday, as the two days were so different.

After the horrible nausea, pain and anguish Mum was experiencing yesterday, it's like she was a different person today.

She wasn't feeling so great when she got up, which is pretty normal. Mornings are not her best times; but she managed to force down some breakfast (and all the associated pills, before and after the food). She asked for an Endone around 8:30am, and didn't have another all day, until about 7:30pm, which was great! I kept checking with her through the day, asking her about pain, but she said she felt good... and no icky nausea either :-)

I went out to do some shopping, pick up some tablets from the chemist, and have a little quiet time in a coffee shop, and as I was leaving, Mum said, "I'll just walk up to the letterbox while you get the car out."
"Mum, you do realise it's Saturday, so there won't be any mail?"
"Yes, I just want to have the exercise."
"OK."

As I backed the car out of the driveway, I saw her with hose in hand, watering the plants down the  side of the house, so I think she was feeling ok. The fact that it was a bright, sunshiny day was also a good thing, and I suspect that Mum reaped the benefits of being outside in the sunshine (albeit briefly).

 After yesterday's misery, today was such a huge contrast that it gave me hope that things may well get better for Mum once the effects of the radiotherapy wear off.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Great news