Monday, July 17, 2006

Life in the midst of death

Today, as part of the pastoral care course I'm currently doing, our class went on a field trip to a funeral director's centre for the morning.

We heard from the manager, the community education officer and one of the embalmers, who helped us to understand how things work both practically, and pastorally, when someone dies, and the funeral director is called to manage the funeral. It was a worthwhile and enlightening experience.

Afterwards, as I was having lunch, I checked my phone, and had a text message from my mate Al-Pal in Adelaide, announcing the arrival of his (and Heather's) second son. Sam Alan popped out into the world at 10:12am today, weighing in at 6lb.

Congratulations to Al
and Heather (and big brother Jacob)!

No comments: