Sunday, July 23, 2006

oops... did I do that?

I know I have a powerful mind, but...

With all the excitement of settling into my new abode in Brunswick, the one negative thing is the fact that my car parking space seems to be the communal toilet for every single bird in Brunswick. Every morning there are multiple new deposits all along the driver's side of my car.

This morning, I was speculating about possible alternatives to resigning myself to the fact that my car will wear a permanent coating of bird crap for the next 2.5 years:

1. do some serious pruning of the tree in my yard, to remove all the branches that overhang my car space.

2. get an air gun and shoot all the lurking birds (a somewhat desperate and violent measure, I know) .

3. as I sat looking out my window, and saw a bird sitting on the wall of my courtyard, I contemplated throwing rocks to scare it and all its mates away...

Then, this afternoon, I was feeling virtuous by doing a load of washing. As I put it out on my clothesline, I noticed a dead pigeon lying outside the back of Susan's flat (next door to mine). I have to say that this did prompt a guilty thought that perhaps the negative vibes I had been generating towards the birds had borne some practical consequences. :-(

Oh well, I guess I'll have to work on a more creative solution to the problem of bird crap.

No comments: