Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sometimes ya just gotta sing!

Today I sang in my first concert with the Melbourne Chorale. It was a performace of Mozart's Great Mass in C, which I have never sung before.

It's been great to be singing again, after a bit of a break since my move from Tas, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to sight-read the Mozart (as sight-reading has never been a real strength for me), and how quickly I picked it all up generally, especially as I joined Chorale after they had started rehearsing the Mozart, and I missed a few rehearsals when I was in Tassie on holidays.

I'm gradually getting to befriend some of the other members of the choir (altos rool :-) and that's been good too :-)

Later in the year we will be performing the Rachmaninov Vespers, which will be the first opportunity that I've had to sing the whole piece, having sung some parts of the Vespers in the past (and I just LOVE singing in Russian, so that will be cool too :-)

If you'd like to check out details of future concerts, see the Melbourne Chorale's shiny new website.

No comments: