Thursday, July 27, 2006

Preachin', preachin', preachin'...

Since coming to Melbourne I have had a number of varying opportunities to work on my preaching skills.

In addition to preaching classes last semester, I also had the privilege of preaching at Burwood Uniting Church.

This coming Sunday evening I will be preaching at Queen's College Chapel service. The brief I have been given by the Dean of Chapel is:

"As it's a service of Holy Communion, it will be a short sermon: about 7 to 8 minutes. And it would need to be fairly simple, as the people there are emphatically not theologians."

No worries... I think I can handle that... theological depth, presented simply, all in the space of 7-8 minutes :-)

Next on the agenda after this will be a Sunday in August leading worship at St Kilda Uniting Church.

If this is anything to go by, I expect there will be lots of varied preaching and worship leading experience to be had throughout the duration of my training.

No comments: