Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Exciting mail call today!


Today's mail delivery was exciting for a number of reasons. The most exciting reason, I have expounded in the earlier blog entry below, but another, was the contents of the parcel that also arrived.

A few weeks ago, in one of our chapel services led by Robert Gribben (Professor of Worship and Mission), I was quite taken by a particular prayer which he used, and asked him where it came from. He flashed a book at me with a bit of a flourish (as Robert is wont to do) and began extolling the virtues of the Book of Common Order of the Church of Scotland. I asked if he thought it would be worth me getting a copy, to which he replied: "Of course.. but be warned, it is not cheap".

Well, thanks to Amazon.co.uk I am now the proud owner of a pre-loved (but very pristine) copy of the book (for substantially less than the cost of a new one) ... and look forward to exploring the liturgies and prayers it contains (umm... err... when I have handed in all my assignments... of course! ;-)

No comments: