Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Well, I'll be... gobsmacked!

Today, much to my surprise, I received a letter from the Dean of the UCA Theological College to say that I have been awarded

The Jamieson Prize for Commendable work in Biblical Studies (1st Year)

for my work in Biblical Studies last year. The award came not only with the congratulations of the Faculty, but also a cheque for $250.

Apparently the College has various prizes which are awarded, "to certain candidates for outstanding work in one area or another whilst training for ministry".

Stagger me! :-)

1 comment:

BB said...

Mazeltov!

Hey, that's great news - terrific result! It's not every day one gets acknowledged for one's work (or gets cash to boot)! Will immediately open a bottle of scotch for a celebratory dram.

Cheers!

BB