Sunday, April 22, 2007

Super powers!

One question that is often asked (possibly in psych assessments, or silly games such as many of the blog quiz thingies that I have published here) is

"What super power would you like to have?"

Well, I don't have to wish or speculate, because I have just realised that I do seem to have a super power- I have chosen to call it "The Aunty Caro Factor", or "the power to influence young men in major life decisions".

My friend Josh in Sydney has been in the market for a new car, and recently posted on his blog that he was thinking about something of the 4WD variety. I just happened to mention that a Subaru Forester is my ultimate dream car, so if he must go for a Toorak Tractor (or whatever the Sydney transposition of that might be- Hornsby Humvee? ... North Shore Tank?) then he should consider the Forester.

Yesterday, he sent me an sms saying that he has bought a Forester- and even broadcast it to the world on his blog.

After all this, I really hope he likes it... the power of such influence! But I promise to use this particular super power only for good! (hmm... should I start thinking about adopting a secret identity? ;-)

3 comments:

BB said...

I don't mind you having super powers, Caro...just so long as you don't start wearing your undies on the outside....

;0)

BB

Caro said...

Aww... BB where's the fun in that?
:-P

Anonymous said...

Yes caro super powers you do have! I pick it up on friday and I feel like a little kid before Christmas!