Wednesday, April 18, 2007

St Kilda, pray for us

Well, perhaps not exactly... but I had to laugh and laugh when I saw this reference on my mate BB's blog... especially as assignment deadlines are closing in around me (and most of my student friends) - he is just the kind of patron saint that a girl could use right now :-)

ST EXPEDITUS


Also known as Elpidius


MEMORIAL
19 April

PROFILE
Possibly legendary. Unclear whether his name led to his association with expeditious matters, or the other way around. This association led to his becoming the patron of people who had to deliver things on time.

CANONIZED
Pre-Congregation

PATRONAGE
against procrastination, expeditious solutions, merchants, navigators, prompt solutions

REPRESENTATION
young Roman soldier holding aloft a cross; young Roman soldier holding aloft a banner with the word "hodie"

No comments: